This programme has been developed to equip individuals with fundamental skills to enable them to help teams achieve their improvement aims. This is a three-day course comprising three days of consecutive workshops and provides an overview of quality improvement methods and skills across the lifetime of a project. Participants will be taught the tools, techniques and philosophy which will enable them to progress improvement projects.
The workshops are a blended approach of formal didactic sessions, videos, group activities and practical experiential learning. They will provide participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to start their journey as improvement professionals. This is a great foundation course that will provide the necessary knowledge and skills for the development of sustainable change.
Healthcare and other public sector professionals who wish to upskill their knowledge of improvement science and bring about transformational change.
Projects & Campaigns Manager, Ko Awatea.
Improvement Advisor, Ko Awatea.
Participants will gain an overview of improvement methods. You will learn to:
- understand current improvement processes
- identify areas for improvement
- identify the problem
- use data to support improvement work
- use patient experience and co-design principles
- use creative techniques to generate change ideas
- understand group/team dynamics and how to increase buy-in from teams
- implement changes and provide the best chance for these changes to be sustained.
Three-day workshop, 16 to 18 October 2017