This programme has been developed to equip individuals with fundamental skills that will enable them to help teams achieve their improvement aims. This course comprises of three days of consecutive workshops and provides an overview of quality improvement methods and skills across the lifetime of a project. Participants will be taught the tools, techniques and philosophy which will enable them to progress improvement projects.
The workshops are a blended approach of formal didactic sessions, videos, group activities and practical experiential learning. They will provide participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to start their journey as improvement professionals and for the development of sustainable change.This is a great foundation course if you are interested in the Improvement Advisor programme.
Healthcare and other public sector professionals who wish to upskill their knowledge of improvement science and bring about transformational change.
Senior Improvement Advisor Faculty, Ko Awatea.
Senior Improvement Advisor,
Participants will gain an overview of improvement methods. You will learn to:
- understand current improvement processes
- identify areas for improvement
- identify the problem
- use data to support improvement work
- use patient experience and co-design principles
- use creative techniques to generate change ideas
- understand group/team dynamics and how to increase buy-in from teams
- implement changes and provide the best chance for these changes to be sustained.
Date: 21 – 23 October 2019
Ko Awatea Centre
External Participants: $2,190 + GST per participant
CM Health and Ko Awatea staff: Please contact your manager to enroll