What separates excellent organisations from the truly ordinary? What allows some organisations to rapidly change and transform, while others have trouble just maintaining the status quo?
The difference is individuals who have the knowledge, skills and tools to help transform processes, systems and organisations. These are the people who always get tapped on the shoulder to make things happen. They achieve results with their keen ability to facilitate groups of people through well-defined processes to solve problems. They enable teams to get outside of the box and utilise innovative tools that harness creativity and create solutions that make a significant difference. They are a leader’s best friend.
At Ko Awatea, we have developed a 9-month action learning programme that is designed specifically for those individuals who know they have the aptitude for turning vision into action and are looking for an opportunity to take their improvement skills and knowledge to the next level.
Healthcare and other public sector professionals who wish to deepen their knowledge and enhance their effectiveness in transformational change. Participants may be in a formal improvement role, in line management or be a frontline professional who sees the opportunity to make improvement a core part of their role.
Jane Taylor, Ed. D.
Improvement Advisor, Learning Designer and Programme Evaluator
She is also an associated teaching faculty of the Institute of Health Improvement, Boston, USA.
Project and Campaigns Manager and Improvement Advisor
Senior Improvement Manager
Participants will be equipped to:
- Bring about a successful outcome on a selected improvement project
- Acquire the skills needed to successfully perform the role of a change agent either in a formal improvement role or as part of another function
- Improve the success rate of improvement initiatives in their organisation by applying appropriate methodology and rigor.
- Full participation in the three workshops over the course of the seven month programme and other scheduled events including action period video conferences.
- An identified project, which has been agreed with their sponsor, to work on during the 7-month programme
- Collaborative learning and active participation in workshops and video calls.
- Use of a laptop during the workshop to undertake data analysis and project documentation capture.
Workshop 1 : 7-9 August 2017
Workshop 2 : 2-5 October 2017
Workshop 3 : 19-22 February 2018
Ko Awatea Centre
External Participants: $8,990 + GST per participant
CM Health and Ko Awatea Staff: Please contact your manager to enroll