There are still tickets available to our workshop on Patient Safety being hosted by international healthcare improvement consultant Bernie Harrison and Australian Institute of Health Innovation Programme Manager Peter Hibbert.
This two day workshop aims to equip clinicians with a framework and understanding of how to approach prevention strategies to avoid future events that can lead to patient harm.
We will cover basic skills in the measurement of patient harm and the skills to undertake and participate in the clinical investigation of sentinel events, using root cause analysis (RCA) methodology.
Participants will increase their understanding and skills in the following areas:
- Understanding of the epidemiology of patient harm
- Be familiar with the tools available to support RCA
- Be able to undertake a clinical investigation of a sentinel event using root cause analysis methodology
- Basic skills in measurement methods to identify patient
- Understand improvement approaches to prevent patient harm
- Understanding of patient safety frameworks that drive safety culture