More than 150 attendees from across the health sector attended the first 20,000 Days Campaign learning session on 3-4 May 2012.
Attendees reported that it was inspirational and visionary while providing great networking opportunities and very relevant teaching for teams to get started.
Check out the video that was taken at the event!
The second Learning Session for the 20,000 Days Campaign was held on 6 -7 September and saw people from across the health sector coming back together to share the work they have been doing on the following collaboratives: Better Breathing, Healthy Hearts, ERAS (Enhanced Recovery After Surgery), VHIU (Very High Intensity Users) – Integrated case management, Rapid Response and Supportive Discharge, Community Geriatric Service, Delirium Care – early onset of confusion, Hip Fracture Management, Skin Infections and Cellulitis, Transitions of Care, St John Ambulance Service, Helping High Risk People and SMOOTH (Safer Medicines Outcomes on transfer to Home).
“When people first met back in May 2012 they learnt about the 20,000 Days Campaign, the improvement methodology we would be using and ultimately what we were trying to achieve,” says David Grayson, Clinical Lead 20,000 Days. “We have now moved into a phase where people have been out there gathering information, carrying out their PDSAs (Plan, Do, Study, Act) and working out what needs to change in order to shift the demand away from the Hospital and assist people to get treated in the community.
“We are thrilled with the success of the 20,000 Days Campaign second Learning Session and the feedback has been very positive,” says Diana Dowdle Campaign Manager. Overall people have said it was inspirational, with great presentations and effective use of case studies and patient stories. It also provided opportunities for networking, good linkage between the 20,000 Days Campaign and Localities work and sharing of ideas amongst the Collaborative teams.
Here’s what people had to say about it:
On 25 June 2013, team members from 13 collaboratives attended the third and final learning session for 20,000 Days (Phase 1)
It was an opportunity for people to come together, take stock of the work they have been doing, share achievements and learnings and find out how to spread their initiatives further. It was also an opportunity to take a well deserved pat on the back for making the campaign a major success.
And what a success it has been, with teams giving back 22,940 healthy and well days to the people served by CM Health.
- Learning Session 1: Presentations
- Lesson Session 1: Resources
- Learning Session 2: Presentations
- Learning Session 2: Documents
- Learning Session 3: Presentations
- Learning Session 3: Documents
- General Resources
- Brochures & Posters
- How To Guides
- APAC 2013 Posters
- 20,000 Days – Jonathon Gray
- Cellulitis Presentation – Dr Vanessa Thornton
- Charters – Brandon Bennett
- Driver Diagrams – Brandon Bennett
- Driver Diagrams and Measurement – Brandon Bennett
- Evidence for Collaboratives – Dr Sue Wells
- High performance – Dr David Grayson
- Measures of Quality Improvement – Brandon Bennett
- Model for Improvement – Suzanne Proudfoot
- Overview of 20,000 Days Campaign – Diana Dowdle
- Planning for Action Periods – Dr David Grayson
- VHIU Storyboard – Ta Mera Rolland
- 20,000 Days Campaign Overview 2012 – Diana Dowdle & Dr David Grayson
- Case Study – Better Breathing Group – Sarah Candy
- Measurement of Quality Improvement – Brandon Bennett
- Case Study – Primary Care Bundle – Dr Richard Hulme
- PDSA Cycles – Brandon Bennett
- Developing Change Packages to Implementation – Brandon Bennett
- Why Collaboratives Work – Dr Shawn Sturland
- Themes Across Collaborative – Localities – Lisa Gestro
- Hip Fracture Care Collaborative
- How Far Have We Come – Diana Dowdle
- Implementation of Locality Clinical Partnerships – Lisa Gestro
- Measuring for Sustainability – Brandon Bennett
- Overall Strategies – Jonathon Gray
- SMOOTH Case Study – Sanjoy Nand
- SMOOTH Case Study 2 – Sanjoy Nand
- Testing to Implementation – Bramdon Bennett
- Where to from here – Diana Dowdle & Dr David Grayson
- Work across the Collaboratives Localities – Diana Dowdle & Lisa Gestro
- Cellulitis Case Study – Dr Vanessa Thornton
- Change Packages – Brandon Bennett
- Brandon Bennett – Creative Thinking Presentation & Resources – February 2013
- 20,000 Days Phase Two & Evidence Summary Template – PDF – November 2012
- 20,000 Days Campaign Plan – PDF – August 2012
- 20,000 Days Campaign Driver Diagram – May 2012
- 20,000 Days Campaign FAQs – PDF – August 2012